11 September 2006

i am super close to dying a while ago. not really. but i got penniless a while ago. not penniless. peso-less? ahah. whatever you call it. on my way home (commute) i was about to ride the fx when i found my pocket empty. not actually empty because it was full of scratch papers, but my money was not anymore in my pocket. i sat down the bench to search for my peso bills, but... there was nothing inside my pocket except of trash.

pakapalan na ng mukha. so what i did was i rode the fx and then sat there for a while then think.

wag na lang kaya ako magbayad?
conscience.
eh wala naman ako pambayad eh.
conscience.
shit. baka ipapulis ako nito.
conscience.

so i chose among the two. sales lady on my right or college guy on my left. i picked the college guy.

me: excuse me, uhmm. nawala kasi yung pera ko eh. pwedeng humingi ng 10. 5 lang natira. eh
guy: (staring)
me: nadukot ata. ewan ko (teary-eyed)
guy: osige akin na yung 5. san ka ba bababa? SM homes or vicas.
me: vicas
guy: san nawala pera mo.
me: hindi ko talaga alam. baka sa sm.
guy: nadukot sa sm?

conversation didn't end there. but at least i reached home. oh god. bless him. shocks. muntik na ko. pero some of my friends were right. why didn't i get a taxi. actually, i don't know too. i didn't even thought of that. my choices were only ride but don't pay, ride but ask for money or text my sister and wait for 3 hours inside the mall without money.

it took me so much courage and guts to do that thing. at least, i didn't do any crime like not paying the fare. wahah. big big thanks to whoever that person is.

No comments: