21 March 2012

currently at coffee bean tomas morato. fucking law school. it gives me headaches. it's attacking me more frequently. so here i am in a coffee shop waiting for my boyfriend who currently is talking with a business partner while i'm at a table separate from his and in front of a law book with tons of papers in my bag. i'm tired. law school makes me easily tired. i miss my cousins.

i was talking to one of my cousins (may) a while ago and it has come to my knowledge that we haven't met since my debut which was held 4 years ago. fuck life. i texted all my cousins from my mother's side and only 2 replied. more fuck to life. it seems that everyone's busy. now that we're all growing older, everyone,except for me, is working in different corporations. what's good in that? they're slaves of wealthy businessmen and if they stay there, despite promotions, they'll still be slaves.

why not make your own business? or why not pursue what you really want? i bet they don't like what they're doing. when i graduate from law school and after i pass the bar, i swear to god, i'll do what i want. i wanna pursue my artistic side, if there is any. maybe enter a dance class or a painting class. i wanna travel. maybe i'll work for some years in a law firm... but just for a few years, i'll save to be able to put up my own firm or make a home. i wanna be a housewife. i wanna be a girl who just travels around the globe and learn from different people, different cultures. i wanna see the world. i wanna learn more. and i think traveling will educate more. then i'll try to serve my country. i'll be a slave to my fellow countrymen. i wanna be their president. i'll apply whatever i learn. or maybe if i don't become a president, i'll volunteer as a social worker. i really wanna mingle with the people in africa, europe and different parts of asia. i wanna see the queen. i wanna learn how they became so influential and respectable.

why am i in law school, you may ask. maybe i wanna pursue this profession. or maybe i wanna make my dad happy and proud of me. maybe i wanna fulfill his frustrations. or maybe i just really wanna learn more.

socrates said that an unexamined life is a life not worth living... so in the course of my reflection, i discovered that these are things i wanted to do. so may all the odds be in my favor so that i may succeed and attain these goals.

No comments: